Family names and related posts

Sunday 9 October 2016

New Maximiliania is Back!

Yippee! Yay!! Hooray!!! Three cheers for New Maximiliania! :-)

Today for the first time in five weeks I am spending a Sunday at home, and on my own. Among other important tasks I needed to catch up with (such as switching the contents of my wardrobe from summer to winter), I finally sat down once more with the instructions I'd found on the internet on how to restore a "lost" neighbourhood - and this time, it worked!

I am almost certain I have not done anything different to the several times I've tried before, but now I have The Sims 2 running again in all its beauty.
So far, I've spent 3 1/2 hours re-organizing New  Maximiliania (something I wanted to do before starting on the next round anyway), and I am not yet finished. But my head is beginning to ache, and I've arranged for a phone call to my mother-in-law and don't want to keep her waiting.

Therefore, it's enough for today - just thought I'd let you.
Can't wait to finish all this prep work and begin the next round!

8 comments:

  1. Great news! Happy simming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla! You as a fellow Simmer with a long-term project know what it's like when you don't know for a while whether you'll be able to get your 'hood back... and how happy it makes you to find a solution that works!

      Delete
  2. Great news. Hopefully see a new round in a few weeks. Glad you can do what you really wanted to do a few months ago how well maybe it was fate and your time was needed somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before, I would not have had the time to do what I did yesterday - I was away a lot, and when I was home, I had company. Also, I much prefer being out and about weekdays after work when the weather is nice, but now that it's gone colder, greyer and darker, my computer is a lot more attractive :-)

      Delete
  3. That's good news! Hooray for New Maximiliania! Good luck Meks for your continuous addiction with The Sims 2. Since I retired from playing The Sims 2, I still read with the latest "week" in-game updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-)
      It is nice to think that I will have New Max to escape to during the long winter months :-)

      Delete
  4. Yaaaay! Hip Hip Hooray! Im anxious to see the new New Max! Im still not ready to start my own. My daughter says I will be forever re-organizing... she may be right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had your patience when it comes to re-organizing - I can't wait to finish that and start playing again!!

      Delete

Whether you play The Sims 2 yourself or not, it would be great hearing from you. As I will reply to comments regularly, please remember to come back if you have asked a question.